Urea Crystal | 500 Grams & 2.5 Kilograms (5.5 lb) | 99+% Pure | ACS Grade Chemical Reagent | Commercial Lab Grade | Colorless Crystalline Compound | Granular (Prilled) Urea | Antiviral Organic Compound | Formula CO(NH2)2 | CAS # 57-13-6
Miscellaneous Uses Of Urea
- An ingredient in diesel exhaust fluid (DEF), which is 32.5% urea and 67.5% de-ionized water. DEF is sprayed into the exhaust stream of diesel vehicles to break down dangerous NOx emissions into harmless nitrogen and water.
- A component of animal feed, providing a relatively cheap source of nitrogen to promote growth
- A non-corroding alternative to rock salt for road de-icing. It is often the main ingredient of pet friendly salt substitutes although it is less effective than traditional rock salt or calcium chloride.
- A main ingredient in hair removers such as Nair and Veet
- A browning agent in factory-produced pretzels
- An ingredient in some skin cream, moisturizers, hair conditioners, and shampoos
- A cloud seeding agent, along with other salts
- A flame-proofing agent, commonly used in dry chemical fire extinguisher charges such as the urea-potassium bicarbonate mixture
- An ingredient in many tooth whitening products
- An ingredient in dish soap
- Along with diammonium phosphate, as a yeast nutrient, for fermentation of sugars into ethanol
- A nutrient used by plankton in ocean nourishment experiments for geoengineering purposes
- As an additive to extend the working temperature and open time of hide glue
- As a solubility-enhancing and moisture-retaining additive to dye baths for textile dyeing or printing
- As an optical parametric oscillator in nonlinear optics
Chemical Properties Of Urea Crystal
|Residue after Ignition||0.01%|
|Chloride (Cl)||5 ppm|
|Heavy Metals (as Pb)||0.001%|
Please contact us to request a Safety Data Sheet (SDS) and Certificate of Analysis (COA) for Urea Crystal ACS.